Our data privacy statement, sets out how we handle personal data on the website privacy-portal.smartclip.net.
Data privacy relevant information on the other products of smartclip can be found on the home page.
We are aware of the importance to users of how personal data are handled and we assure you that we observe all relevant legal requirements. We consider the protection of your privacy to be of paramount importance. For this reason, compliance with the legal requirements on data privacy is, for us, a matter of course.
SpotX Europe GmbH
Phone: +49 040 286686 100
Mike Shehan, Irina Petricek-Steiner, Thomas Servatius, Léon Siotis, Steve Swoboda
Data protection commissioner
You can contact our data protection officer at:
Represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21
General data privacy requests can be sent to email@example.com and are stored in a ticket system, which is used for the communication on that matter via email.
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes information and details such as your name, home address or other postal address, telephone number and also your e-mail address.
Your data are handled according to the following legal provisions:
- With regard to data communicated in forms, etc. with your consent, Art. 6(1) (a) GDPR
- With regard to services you use for the performance of a contract , Art. 6(1) (b) GDPR
- Otherwise, with particular regard to statistical data and online identifiers based on legitimate interests, Art 6(1) (f) GDPR (see below)
When handling your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- Improving our service
- Protecting against misuse
Unless otherwise specified, we obtain the data from you (including via devices used by you).
We retain your data,
- if you have consented to this as part of processing, until such time as you withdraw your consent,
- if we need the data to undertake an agreement, until such time as the contractual relationship with you ceases or legal retention periods expire,
- if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, until such time as your overriding interest obliges us to delete or anonymise them.
Purposes of use
Personal data will only be collected by us to the extent and for the purpose for which you provide the data to us, e.g. for registration.
We use and store your personal data as part of our services for the following purposes only if you have provided us with your express consent: to clarify data privacy related questions of our users via a contact request form.
We have taken extensive technical and organisational measures to secure your data against potential risks, such as unauthorised login or access, unauthorised perusal, amendment or distribution, as well as against loss, deletion or misuse.
In order to protect your personal data against unauthorised access by third parties when being transmitted, we secure data transmissions, if necessary, using SSL encryption. This is a standard encryption procedure for online services, particularly for the Internet.
Every time you access our web pages, usage data are transferred through your specific web browser and stored in the form of protocol files (known as server log files). The datasets stored in this way contain the following data:
- The domain from which the user is accessing the website
- Date and time of access
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Website(s) which the user is visiting in the context of the offering
- Amount of data transferred; browser type and version
- Operating system used; name of internet service provider
- Indication of whether access was successful
These logfile datasets are analysed in anonymised form, to improve the offering and make it more user-friendly, to identify and resolve errors, and to control server workloads.
Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your PC in a directory designated specifically for this purpose. These cookies can be used e.g. to find out whether you have already visited a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can change the settings in your browser, so that no cookies can be stored or so that your explicit agreement is required before any cookies are stored. You can also delete previously set cookies at any time. Please note that disabling cookies may result in your use of our website being restricted.
We need cookies to technically operate our website, e.g. to check and store the selected language. Furthermore, by using cookies we ensure the security of the website (using captchas) as well as set correct permission in the login section.
Rights of the data subject
Right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage.
- You have the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data should be deleted.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
- You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
Requirement or obligation to provide data
Insofar as this is not expressly stated, when data are collected, the provision of data is neither required nor obligatory.
Date of issue of this data privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments at any time to this data privacy statement for future effect.